Events, Go Kappa, Organization News
Five Reasons To Go to Leadership Academy
The pursuit of potential is at the heart of what Kappa is all about. Throughout your years as a Kappa, you’ll be known as a leader in your chapter or alumnae association, on your campus or in your workspace, and in your community. At Leadership Academy, Kappas learn to lead the way and take on leadership roles with integrity and passion.
You may be asking yourself, “Why should I attend?” Scroll to find out!
1. The experiences and lessons learned are transferable to your career.
2. You’ll understand the qualities that make a great leader and how you can implement them in your life.
“I’ve learned so much about leadership and the competencies of being a great leader.” – Mae Forsdick, Loyola
3. You’ll unearth a new motivation to grow and learn about how to become a better leader.
I’ve had a lot of aha moments when it comes to learning how I want to lead in the future — both in my chapter and beyond.
CHEVELLE OBUOBI-DONKOR, SYRACUSE
4. You’ll leave the weekend feeling refreshed and ready to inspire those around you.
Hearing other people's ideas gives you so many ideas to bring back to your chapter. You also get ideas for how to be a better sister, says Madeline Skinner, Bowling Green.
5. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn and grow and connect with sisters from around the world.
About Leadership Academy
Leadership Academy is a one-of-a-kind, intergenerational, outdoor experience that supports Kappas of all ages in enhancing their skills and gaining the confidence to tackle leadership positions and challenges. It’s a unique opportunity for collegians and alumnae to expand their Kappa networks and empower one another.