Mental Health & Well-being
Wellness and the Holidays
Deck the halls because the holiday season is right around the corner. We all know it can be filled with joy and fun with family and friends, but it can also include anxiety, stress and challenges navigating relationships and connections. Being in tune with your own wellness and the wellness of those around you is especially important this time of year.
Here’s What You Can Do
- Pick an activity that relaxes you and carve out time in the busy holiday schedule to do it at least two to three times a week.
- Take time to enjoy the outdoors, whether you go for a walk, a run or simply find time to sit outside.
- Reflect on this past year. Make a list of all your accomplishments and celebrate them. You deserve it.
- Evaluate your sleep patterns and, if necessary, create a routine for improvement.
- Download a mindfulness app — like Happily or Stop, Breathe and Think — and try it for a month.
’Tis the Season to Spread Wellness
Share these links with your friends and family to spread the word on wellness.
- Learn how sleeping habits affect your mental and physical health in the Mental Health: Good Sleep Habits course in Minerva, our learning management system.
- Discover the different types of stress and how to manage them in the Mental Health: Good Stress Versus Bad Stress course.
- Share Kappa’s mental health screening tool.
- Try these six mindfulness activities.
- Register for the NAMI Ask the Expert: Navigating the Winter & Holiday Blues webinar.