Leadership, Association Events, Chapter Events, Continuing Education
9/15 - 9/18/2022
Session 2: Sept. 15-18, 2022
Leadership Academy is a one-of-a-kind, intergenerational outdoor experience that will take your leadership skills to the next level. As a participant, you’ll be given the opportunity to expand your leadership skills, connect with other Kappas and deepen your commitment to the organization.
- The health and safety of our members, volunteers and staff is of the utmost importance. As the public health situation around COVID-19 rapidly evolves, we want you to know we are closely monitoring this issue, garnering information from the appropriate health experts and officials, and working to address the continued impact on Kappa Kappa Gamma. We are planning to host two Leadership Academies in 2022. Both will be in-person with additional safety and health protocols. We will let you know if the event status changes.
- Leadership Academy is a weekend event at Heartland Conference Retreat Center near Columbus, Ohio. Participants arrive Thursday afternoon and activities continue through noon on Sunday. Everyone is required to attend for the duration of the event.
- Each chapter is expected to send one participant to each Leadership Academy session.
- There are 80 slots reserved for alumnae that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the slots are filled, alumnae will be placed on a waiting list. The cost for an alumna to attend is $50.
- The Kappa Foundation provides for $600 in flight costs for each participant. Travel expenses greater than $600 must be paid by the participant or chapter.
Are you one of the lucky Kappas who will be attending Leadership Academy? If you are, please review the resources on this page. Whether you’re a participant or a member of the event staff, we’ve got all of the information you’ll need for Leadership Academy right here.
As the public situation around COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, we are monitoring developments, garnering information from the appropriate health experts and officials, and working to address the continued impact on Leadership Academy. Keeping the health, safety and well-being of our members, volunteers, staff and the local community as our top priority, Fraternity Council has endorsed an in-person event experience in alignment with current local and federal COVID-19 precautions.
The details below (effective as of Feb. 8, 2022) are just some of the precautions that may be implemented for Leadership Academy. We will continue to evaluate and expand our health safety protocols as medical and governmental recommendations evolve, and we will update this page in accordance so you know what to expect when you arrive in Ohio.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Attendees will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) via a third-party vendor.
Negative COVID-19 Test
Attendees will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test taken prior to arrival. Tests accepted will include: PCR test, rapid PCR test and over-the-counter or home rapid antigen test. All at-home tests must have the attendee’s name, date and time of test written on the test. Results will be uploaded by the attendee via a third-party vendor.
If you test positive within 90 days prior to the first day of Leadership Academy, please send your report to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Attn: COVID-19 Coordinator” in the subject line. Be sure the report includes your name, date of birth, test type, and test results.
Daily Health Assessments
Attendees may be required to participate in daily health assessments.
Face Mask Requirement
Attendees may be required to wear a mask/face covering while indoors unless actively eating, drinking or sleeping.
In addition, all attendees will be required to follow any listed or verbally communicated rules and or requirements of the Heartland Conference Retreat Center, the city of Marengo, the county of Morrow or the state of Ohio.
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you to Leadership Academy in September. Please continue to check this webpage for updates. We will revise our procedures as needed to reflect the current state of the pandemic in the U.S. and guidelines in the state of Ohio.