Large images take a long time for your computer to upload, so it’s a good idea to resize your image before you upload it to the Reference System.
If you are on a PC, we suggest using Microsoft Paint to resize your images following the instructions below:
- Right click on the saved image file you wish to resize. Then select Open With>Paint.
- Click Resize in the toolbar and change the Horizontal and Vertical percentages to less than 100. Keep both numbers the same to preserve the aspect ratio.
- Click “Save As” to save the resized image file.
If you are using a Mac, we suggest using Preview to resize your images following the instructions below:
- Navigate to the folder that contains the image you want to resize. Right click, Command-Click or Control-Click the image and select Open With>Preview.
- Once in Preview, hover over “Tools” and select “Adjust Size.” A new window will pop up allowing you to adjust the width and height of the image. Make sure that “Scale proportionally” is checked and adjust the width to a smaller version than what appears on the screen and click “OK.”
- Save the new file by going to the “File” menu found in the top tool bar and select either “Save” or “Save As.” “Save” will replace the original image with the resized version whereas “Save As” will allow you to save it as a new image with a new name.
*If “Save As” does not appear as an option, reveal it by clicking on the “File” menu and then hold down the “Option” (⌥) key and save as will appear instead of “Duplicate.”
Follow the written instructions in the Kappa Kappa Gamma Relationships tab to add a Kappa relative to your potential new member's reference.
Click here to view a step by step picture of this process.
Your reference is submitted when the Potential New Member is highlighted in green on your Reference System page. Once your reference has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on your member profile.
When you are logged into the website for an extended period of time, a security feature kicks in that will log you out of the website, preventing you from finishing your reference.
- Open a new TAB in the browser you currently have open.
- Go to www.kappa.org/members and log in.
- Go to www.kappa.org/references.
- Click on the reference you want to submit.
- Click yes if it asks to RECOVER the reference.
- This should release everything and let you submit.
Not sure what a browser is or which one you are be using? Try using this tool (http://ipcheck.kappakappagamma.org/) to figure it out.
The reference system works better with Firefox or Google Chrome. So if you’re using Internet Explorer, consider downloading a different browser below.
Keep in mind that each browser and its version is slightly different, but most times you can find answers to your questions by going to the following support pages:
A web cache is a temporary storage of web documents, such as a web page and images, used to reduce the time it takes to load a page.
To clear your cache, you must find out what browser you are using: http://ipcheck.kappakappagamma.org/. Then follow the directions for your browser below.