Frequently Asked Questions by Alumnae
I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Kappa Kappa Gamma. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumna directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, Texas, that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Kappa Kappa Gamma to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumnae and how we can better serve you and future sisters.
Does Kappa Kappa Gamma benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information: Allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumnae.
- Legacy: Preserves the history of our organization.
- Revenue: Generate donation revenue for Kappa’s programs.
- Pride: Wearing apparel shows support and love for our organization.
How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Kappa Kappa Gamma has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Kappa Kappa Gamma for the publication of the directory will be held confidential by PCI except as required by court order or law as well as to the extent that they are utilized in or in the preparation of the directory.
- The directory will be made available only to alumnae of Kappa Kappa Gamma. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Kappa Kappa Gamma any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Kappa Kappa Gamma or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the directory.
I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Kappa Kappa Gamma project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1-800-982-1590.
Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Kappa Kappa Gamma alumna directory is available for sale only to Kappa Kappa Gamma alumnae.
Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk at 1-800-982-1590 or to Kappa directly.
I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-982-1590 and representatives will take care of this for you.