By Catherine Roebuck, Social Media and Communications Specialist
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month and we certainly have a lot of volunteers to thank. From Fraternity Council to chapter advisers, Kappa’s volunteers are the backbone of our organization, devoting countless hours of their personal time to help make Kappa great. So every year when April arrives, it’s important to take the extra time and say thank you to these women. There are many ways to show your appreciation for their help and guidance; here are just a few of our favorites:
1. Write a Thank-you Note: The simplest way to show your appreciation is to write a thank-you note. List the specific things your volunteer has done to help you or your chapter or association. You’d be surprised how much this gesture means to her!
2. Make a Goody Bag: Whether it’s a bag of Cheetos and M&Ms (the most popular snack combination for meetings at Fraternity Headquarters) or a volunteer’s favorite snack, a goody bag with a cute saying goes a long way when volunteers are up late at their Kappa desk.
3. Treat Them: This one is perfect for a volunteer who is nearby. Treat her to a nice dinner or surprise her with a meal prepared by you. Bonus points if you make her favorite dish! You can find great recipes on our Delish! Pinterest board
4. Send Flowers: A bouquet of irises will brighten up the home or office of a volunteer for days!
5. Send a Gift: Whether it’s a customized mug for the coffee lover, or a gift card to her favorite restaurant, she will certainly appreciate the effort.
So no matter how you do it, be sure to show your appreciation and thank a volunteer this month. Comment below with how you are showing a volunteer your appreciation.