Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation
FAQ for Scholarship Applications
1. Who may apply for a scholarship?
Scholarships are available to initiated members of Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity.
2. What is the amount of the scholarships?
Most Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation scholarships are $3,000 for the academic year. There are a few scholarships for lesser amounts. The Marisol Scholarship provides 75 percent of educational expenses for one year.
3. Where can I find the applications?
Applications are available between Nov. 15 and Feb. 1 on the Foundation website, www.kappa.org/foundation.
To better prepare for the application questions, please review the sample undergraduate and graduate applications. *These are sample applications. To be considered for a scholarship, you must apply through the online application process.
4. What is the deadline for scholarship applications?
The application deadline is Feb 1.,2017. All scholarship applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. EST Feb. 1.
5. What supporting documents are required with the application?
Official transcripts from your current college or university must be submitted as well as the required letters of recommendation.
6. Can I send my transcripts and letters of recommendation directly to Foundation Headquarters?
Transcripts must be mailed or emailed to Foundation Headquarters by 11:59 p.m. EST Feb. 1. Transcripts must be the official transcript from the registrar’s office. References must be uploaded or sent through the reference request link. References sent via email or U.S. mail will not be accepted.
7. How long should my personal essay be?
The personal essay should be no longer than two pages, double-spaced.
8. What are the eligibility requirements?
Scholarships are available to initiated members of Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity who have a GPA of B or above (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) and are full-time students.
Undergraduate applicants must be members in good standing. Graduate applicants must have been members in good standing as undergraduates.
Most scholarships are not awarded for study abroad. Associate members are not eligible to apply.
9. What criteria is used for selection?
Decisions are based on a combination of factors, including academic merit, financial need as well as participation and leadership in Kappa and the community.
10. What is the process for applying for the Marisol Scholarship?
Fill out the applications for both the Undergraduate Scholarship and the Marisol Scholarship. There are several additional requirements for submission described in the application. Submitting an application also qualifies you for all Foundation scholarships that may be available. Your school’s financial package may be altered if you are awarded the Marisol Scholarship. Please contact your school's financial aid office to learn how it might affect you.
11. I am currently an undergraduate, but I plan to go to graduate school next year. Which application should I submit?
Submit the application for the Graduate Scholarship.
12. Can I apply for a Graduate Scholarship if I do not know the school I am going to attend?
Yes! Just list the schools you have applied to. If awarded a scholarship, you will be asked to submit your acceptance letter.
13. When will I be notified if I received a scholarship?
Scholarships for the upcoming academic year will be awarded by early June. All applicants will receive notification regardless of the decision. Recipients will receive instructions via email and must send a confirmation to Foundation Headquarters by July 10. Please make sure you provide a current email address as well as your mailing address.
14. When are scholarships disbursed?
Scholarship checks are mailed to the recipients in August. They will not be sent to your university or college financial aid office.
15. Which application should I use if I am not graduating in four years?
If you have not received a college degree, use the application for the Undergraduate Scholarship.
If you have received a bachelor’s degree and you are attending college for a second bachelor’s degree, use the application for the Graduate Scholarship.
If you have additional questions, please contact Foundation Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.